Summary: We are looking for an individual interested in learning a skilled craft at our growing company in Ferdinand. The candidate will be a key individual in producing our beautiful product in a timely fashion to our customer base. We are seeking highly motivated individuals that excel in a piecework environment. We offer an excellent training program.
Essential functions of the job include the following:
- Sew cut fabric parts together using state of the art industrial sewing machine
- Insert bobbins into shuttle and draw thread through guide.
- Guide parts under the needle following seam allowance specifications.
- Select sewing supplies such as cord, braid, thread according to specification or color of material.
- Lift and carry bundles off cart to work area and return back to cart.
- Start, stop and control speed of machine with use of foot pedal.
- Other duties as assigned
- Repetitive pulling, pinching and gripping with both hands
- Must achieve productivity requirements
- Must be able to recognize defective fabric or inconsistency in the fabric
- Able to work scheduled hours on a regular basis, which could include overtime
- Ability to work within a team
- Adhere to quality standards and safety practices as defined in the work instructions
- Possess willingness to cross-train on other jobs as production dictates.
- Lifting weight: 25 lbs. - maximum < 25 lbs. – frequent
Education or experience required: High school or equivalent
Individual accepting this job assignment must be able to perform the above essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Perry County: Cannelton, Indiana
Dubois County: Ferdinand, Indiana
Orange County: Paoli, Indiana