Summary: We are looking for an individual interested in learning a craft at our growing company in Ferdinand. The candidate will be a key individual in producing our beautiful product in a timely fashion to our customer base. We are seeking highly motivated individuals that excel in a piecework environment.
Essential functions of the job include the following:
- Sew pieces of fabric together using industrial sewing machine
- Lift bundles off of carts to work area and return back to cart
- Learn sewing machine and use foot control
- Other duties as assigned
- Repetitive pulling, pinching and gripping with both hands
- Maintain consistent work pace
- Must be able to recognize defective fabric or inconsistency in the fabric
- Able to work scheduled hours on a regular basis, which could include overtime
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Adhere to quality standards and safety practices as defined in the work instructions
- Possess willingness to cross-train on other jobs as production dictates.
- Lifting weight: 25 lbs. - maximum < 25 lbs. – frequent
Education or experience required: High school or equivalent
Individual accepting this job assignment must be able to perform the above essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Dubois County: Ferdinand, Indiana
Orange County: Paoli, Indiana