JOB TITLE: Assistant HR Manager
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
Summary: The Assistant HR Manager will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping to plan and administer important HR functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource (HR) functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes, working closely with division managers to determine capacity requirements.
- Plan and facilitate new hire onboarding strategies, assist in administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, training and development initiatives.
- Maintain employee files, including entering data into Company information system and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Coordinate employee satisfaction surveys, maintain contact and communications with new employees, and give actionable insights to improve employees’ experience.
- Conduct and analyze exit interviews and make actionable recommendations based on data.
- Reporting and management of human resources metrics – produce reports on key metrics, including absenteeism and turnover.
- Assess training and development needs – implement and monitor effectiveness of training programs.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees; respond to employee inquiries and complaints to ensure timely, equitable, and courteous resolution.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in development and implementation of HR policies.
- Undertake tasks around performance management.
- Proven work experience in human resources management (5 + years preferred); HR experience in a manufacturing setting a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field; additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset; problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Ability to travel as needed
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Dubois County: Ferdinand, Indiana